Staying at the Campground - Quick Links
- The water is now shut off at all sites. Water will be off until spring. Water is still available at both dump stations.
- During Southern Lights, only the D loop is open for camping. Campers can expect some delay in entering or exiting the campground from 5pm-11pm every night during Southern Lights (November 18th - December 31st).
- A, B and C loops are now closed for the winter. Walk-In customers may camp on the D loop during winter. All loops will be open again by March 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact the campground store at 859-259-4257, option 2.
Love the campground? We have a new TripAdvisor page where you can leave your excellent review!
Reservations and Registration
Set amidst the rolling hills of the Bluegrass lies one of America's finest resort campgrounds - the Kentucky Horse Park Campground.
If you do not have Internet access, you may place a reservation by calling Reserve America at (888) 4KY-PARK or (888) 459-7275.
Groups of 20 or more, please call (859) 259-4257 or (800) 370-6416.
Maximum stay is 14 days unless approved by Campground management.
Check in time is 2:00 p.m.
Check out time is 12:00 noon.
All guests are required to check in at the Campground store upon arrival before going to their site.
Reservation Transaction Fee
There is a $7.50 fee to make a future reservation. This fee is charged regardless of where you make your reservation. This is a per site, not per night, fee.
The Kentucky Horse Park Campground is located approximately 4 miles north of Lexington's New Circle Road and 9 miles from downtown Lexington, and 3 miles south of Georgetown on Iron Works Pike, at I-75, exit 120. The campground's entrance is just east of the main entrance to the Kentucky Horse Park.
Come out, relax and enjoy the complete resort atmosphere of the Kentucky Horse Park Campground!
Our campground offers 260 spacious sites with 50/30/20 amp electric and water. All sites are 55' paved back-ins with fire rings and picnic tables. Two dump stations are provided for your convenience as you exit the park.
A full service facility, our campground has many extras for your comfort including a grocery store/gift shop and two bathhouses with modern conveniences. During your stay, be sure to take advantage of our tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts, cool off in our junior Olympic-size swimming pool and participate in our planned activities.
For those seeking to stretch their legs a little more, venture out on the Legacy Trail, a 12-mile-long (8.5 miles is currently finished) paved walking and biking trail leading from the Kentucky Horse Park Campground to downtown Lexington.
Campers may also visit the world famous Kentucky Horse Park at a discounted rate and receive free parking with the purchase of their admission tickets when purchased at the Campground Store.
The campground also has electric primitive and primitive available for those wishing for a more rustic stay. These areas are first-come, first-served, and fill quickly on special weekends.
Plus, the campground is offering short term storage during the summer season. Space is limited and located in the Electric Primitive area. The fees are $25.00 per week or $75.00 per month.
The Kentucky Horse Park Campground is pet friendly.
The Campground Store carries a wide variety of grocery items including ice and firewood plus RV supplies and Kentucky Horse Park souvenirs. Store hours vary according to season. Winter hours are Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 5 pm. Campers arriving after hours may still use the night drop box located at the front of the campground store. The campground remains available to campers after hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart and motorcycle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a scooter and/or moped that is capable of more than 30 mph.
- A learner’s permit or moped license is sufficient on a scooter and/or moped that DOES NOT exceed 30 mph.
- Mopeds, scooters and golf carts must observe all traffic regulations.
- ATV’s are not allowed to be operated on Kentucky Horse Park property.
The following 2017 events are scheduled to take place in the campground:
- May 24-28, 2017 - Memorial Day Campout
- June 8-11, 2017 - Festival of the Bluegrass
- June 28-July 2, 2017 - Fourth of July Campout
- August 30-September 3, 2017 - Labor Day Campout
- October 10-14, 2017 - Halloween Campout I (Sponsored in part by Bluegrass RV)
- October 17-21, 2017 - Halloween Campout II (Sponsored in part by Bluegrass RV)
- November 17th - December 31st - Southern Lights - During Southern Lights, only the D loop is open for camping. Campers can expect some delay in entering or exiting the campground from 5pm-11pm every night during Southern Lights.
4th of July Campout - June 28-July 2, 2017
Celebrate the 4th of July with your camping friends and a golf cart parade.
Halloween Campout I and II - October 10-14, 2017 & October 17-21, 2017
The Halloween Camp-Out returns for its annual fright with two great dates in 2015! Come see what your friends are talking about with our costume contests, trick or treating, golf cart parade, entertainment and a haunted trail - just to name a few. This is the perfect way to send the camping season out with a bang. Sponsored in part by the KHP Foundation.
For more information about these events, contact the Campground Store at (859) 259-4257.
Dates of Operation & Rates
Swimming passes may be purchased at an additional cost of $4/adult and $3/child (up to eight campers per site). This applies to primitive camping only.
All sites are allowed up to five campers per reservation. Each additional camper is $2 with a maximum of 8 campers per site.
Premium Demand Periods:
- Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Halloween Campouts
Maximum site occupancy is one RV/trailer or two tents, two personal vehicles, and 8 persons.
Water is turned off at sites from November - March but is available at dump stations.
10% discount for Seniors 62+, Active Duty Military and Veterans, and those suffering from a disability.
98' x 31', concrete flooring, lighted
Roof and solid walls on short ends, open on long sides
Available electricity is 110 with 20 amp outlets and one 30 amp outlet
Park will supply up to 10 picnic tables and sufficient number of trash cans
Restrooms approximately 300 yards away (groups of 25 or more are responsible for renting portable toilets)
In-ground water hydrant available (renters must supply their own garden hose)
Campground Store opens at 8:00 a.m. and offers a variety of convenience food, necessities, and park souvenirs
Contact the campground at (859) 259-4257 for rental information
Winter Storage Space Rentals
Storage will be held during November 1, 2016 through March 1, 2017 on B-Loop (which has gated access). The cost will be $200 for the full term or $60 per month.
Storage Space Rental Agreement Form
Pavilion rentals include access to all recreational areas except the swimming pool on a first come, first served basis. By leaving a deposit with the KHP Campground store staff, Pavilion renters may sign out recreation equipment to use in the Campground. Equipment must be returned before the store closes for the day; depending on the time of year, this varies from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Group rates on admission to the park are extended to renters on the day of the rental. Adults: $12.00, Children (7-12): $6.00, Children (6 and under): free of charge.
Campground Store Phone Number: (800) 370-6416