The Kentucky Horse Park is seeking interim positions in the Campground Store, Visitor Center & Gift Shop, Maintenance, and Equine Workers.
Tourism Marketing Specialist I
The Kentucky Horse Park is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Tourism Marketing Specialist I. The chosen candidate’s primary responsibility will be to assist Tourism Marketing Specialist Supervisor at the Kentucky Horse Park. The Tourism Marketing Specialist I is an entry-level position assisting in the production of tourism advertising and/or travel promotion material for the Kentucky Horse Park.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of marketing, public relations, and customer service.
- Assist with planning, creating, and scheduling social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok. Content created requires photography, video, and video editing.
- Assist with updating kyhorsepark.com with current information, upcoming events, and relevant photos. Information includes but not limited to park admission prices, hours of operation, event calendar, news, annual pass and parking pass information, employment opportunities etc.
- Assist with inquiries submitted on the "Contact Us" page on the park’s website and messages received on social media.
- Assist in planning and designing promotional materials in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Capture and edit photos and metadata in Adobe Lightroom.
- Assist with GovDelivery to write press releases and designing monthly newsletters.
- Attend Community events to promote the Kentucky Horse Park.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Kentucky Horse Park is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Equine Operation Coordinator in the Hall of Champions at the Park. The Hall of Champions is home to six Champion Racehorses and is one of the most active facilities here at the park providing three shows daily and park guest interaction throughout the day. The candidate will assist in all Hall of Champions related activities including demonstrations while providing high-quality customer service to the local, national, and international guests of the park.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of handling and working with ex-racehorses and stallions, be a hard worker and work well as a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bringing horses in/out, feeding/watering, bathing, cleaning stalls, tack, and facility.
- Keeping all areas of the barn organized and tidy throughout the day.
- Assisting with regular vet and farrier visits.
- Handling and working with ex-racehorses and stallions
- Serve as a source of information for all the activities and programs of the park.
- Coordinates with special activities, events, and education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Join TEAM KENTUCKY! Click here to search all jobs. EEO/MFD