If you can only visit one attraction on a visit to the famous Bluegrass region of Kentucky, then the Kentucky Horse Park is it. Showcasing different breeds and equine disciplines in a variety of live shows and presentations, all on a real working horse farm, the park is the place to get close to horses!
A few things which might be helpful in planning your trip:
(1) The park is located 4 miles north of Lexington (9 miles north of downtown Lexington), and 3 miles south of Georgetown, at I-75, exit 120. Other communities within a half-hour drive of the park are Paris, Versailles, Midway, Winchester, and Frankfort.
(2) Lexington is on Eastern Standard Time. Daylight Savings Time is in effect from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November.
(3) The park is open 7 days a week from March 15 - November 3 and Wednesday thru Sunday, November 1 - March 13. We are closed to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays from November 1 - March 13 and on Thanksgiving Eve and Day, Christmas Eve and Day, and New Year's Eve and Day. Park hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
(4) If you are arriving in Lexington by air, you should plan on renting a car. Lexington does have public bus transportation, but there is no public bus service that runs to the park, and a car will allow you easier access to all the region has to offer. Also, note that an alternative to flying directly into the Lexington airport is to fly into the Cincinnati Airport. This is located in Northern Kentucky just off of I-75. The drive from the Cincinnati Airport to the park takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
(5) Besides your visit to the park, we would also encourage you to visit other area attractions. Excellent resources include the Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau at (859) 233-1221, and the Georgetown/Scott County Tourism Commission at (502) 863-2547. For statewide travel information, go to the Kentucky Department of Travel and Tourism at (800) 225-8747.
We hope that you have a great trip to the Kentucky Horse Park! Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions. Our staff is here to serve you.