With many different facilities to host horse shows, trade shows, conferences, weddings, family reunions, concerts and more, the Kentucky Horse Park is THE place to host a uniquely Kentucky event. For more information, please contact Nicole Rivera for equine events or Danielle Rice for non-equine events. For wedding rental info, please call 859-259-4226.
Limited only by your imagination, the Kentucky Horse Park has more than 1,200 acres of beautiful Bluegrass and can host events of all types. From weddings to dog shows, let our Non-Equine Special Event staff help you tailor your event. We also have indoor facilities to host cocktail receptions, meetings or small banquets.
The park has indoor facilities as large as the Alltech Arena to accommodate thousands, or conference rooms to host a dozen people, as well as acreage across two Kentucky counties that allows us to never fill up, so no event is too big or too small. Our event staff have a variety of turn-key event options ready to go to make planning easy, and they are happy to sit down with clients to customize itineraries and menus for truly memorable visits to the park.
Man o' War Memorial
- Located just beyond the main gatehouse to the Kentucky Horse Park
- Beautiful area with ample open grassy space - our most popular outdoor wedding site
- Several small fountains and flowers at the life-sized statue of the great Man o' War
- Pebble stone walkway lined with small trees and lit by lamp posts
- Plenty of parking
- Electric available
$500 - $750 per day
- Private lounge suitable for meetings and receptions
- Glassed in, overlooks Van Lennep Indoor Arena
- 100' x 40'; second floor with elevator and stair access
- Wall to wall carpeting, primarily lit by chandeliers
- Heated and air conditioned
- Ample restroom facilities
- Permanent bar (not stocked)
- Separate kitchen area with refrigerator/freezer
- Monitoring available from main arena sound system
- Limited parking nearby Extras
- Comes with 80 chairs and 20 4-foot square tables at no charge
$300 per day
- Our best facility for family reunions and company picnics
- Nestled within the park's campground
- 98' x 31', concrete flooring, lighted
- Roof and solid walls on short ends, open on long sides
- Electric available (110 with 20 amp outlets and one 30 amp outlet)
- Restrooms approximately 300 yards away (groups of 25 or more are responsible for renting portable toilets)
- In-ground water hydrant available (renters must supply their own garden hose)
- Campground Store opens at 8:00 am and offers a variety of convenience food, necessities, and park souvenirs Extras
- Comes with up to 10 picnic tables and sufficient number of trash cans at no charge
- Championship-size show ring is 135’ x 300’. Ring is enclosed with a concrete solid wall.
- Arena flooring is sand/loam mix, base is clay. Arena is suitable for basketball, concerts, circus, wrestling and tradeshows and conventions with flooring installed. Flooring rental is available.
- Ceiling height at center from floor to steel is 50 feet.
- Ceiling height at concourse from floor to steel is 13’3” and 10’5” to HVAC duct work.
- Total permanent seating capacity is 5,512.
- 5,290 general stadium seats
- 222 VIP box seats
- Expanded concert floor seating to 8,500 total capacity
- Nine (9) VIP Suites fully furnished including seating, wet bar, glass fronts and separate entrances:
- Full event concourse suitable for trade shows and/or vendors, up to 50,000 sq. ft. overlooking entire arena floor.
- Six separate concession areas.
- Two permanent box office locations, each with two separate ticket windows located at main entrance of arena.
- Two lower level loading roll-up doors. Automatic roll-up door is 14’ high. Lift door with electronic loading dock is 10’ high, both are 12’ wide.
- Attached warm-up arena is 74’ x 171’ (12,718 sq.ft.)
- Height of warm-up arena from floor to steel is 22’ 4”, to heaters 19’ 4”.
- Arena is fully climate-controlled with ventilation fans in the warm-up arena and full HVAC in main arena.
- A multi-speaker sound system with delayed distribution suitable for horse shows, basketball games and general announcements.
- One passenger elevator and one cargo elevator (5’ x 8’) with access to all three floors.
- Arena is ADA compliant with accessible seating and companion seating.
- Total parking of 845 spaces.
- Grand Prix-size show ring is 406 x 306. Ring is enclosed with a white 2-rail board fence.
- Ring footing is Otto Sport footing, comprised of sand and fiber.
- One (1) twelve (12) foot horse entrance features a rubber paver pathway from warm-up ring to main stadium, enclosed on both sides by 3-rail board fence and pipe gates.
- Two (2) twelve (12) foot equipment gates located at the southeast and southwest corners of the stadium may also function as horse entrances or exits.
- Permanent backed chair seating system to accommodate 7,338 spectators. Areas for expanded bleacher seating of up to 30,000 spectators.
- Six concession areas.
- Three sets of men’s and women’s full restroom facilities consisting of twelve (12) men’s toilets and fifteen (15) urinals and thirty (30) women’s toilets.
- Attached warm-up ring with Otto Sport footing surrounded by 2-rail white board fence. Warm-up ring is lit and measures 174 x 229.
- Additional warm-up ring available with Otto Sport footing surrounded by 2-rail white board fence. This ring measures 135 x 252.
- Stadium ring is equipped with outdoor night lighting suitable for TV production and arranged to minimize shadows on the field of play.
- Full range public address system in main arena and stadium, additional paddock master microphone in warm-up ring.
- Stadium concourse (semi-enclosed under grandstand seating) measuring approximately 25 x 325 ft. for trade fair usage.
- Two-story Judges/Hospitality Tower featuring 1,900 sq. ft. of carpeted open floor plan for receptions, judges, announcers or hospitality functions. Venue also features sound system, private restrooms, elevator and catering preparation area. Concrete patio located under Judges/Hospitality Tower features an additional 1,900 sq. ft. of hospitality area for table seating.
- 33 x 18 full range Daktronics LCD video display board.
- Full coverage automatic irrigation system in main stadium and warm-up ring.
- Championship-size show ring is 130 x 300. Ring is enclosed with a white concrete solid wall.
- Arena flooring is sand/loam mix.
- Two (2) horse entrances include a 12 ft. gate on both the east and west sides.
- Two (2) announcer booths are present, each located in the center of the ring on both the east and west sides.
- Permanent arena-backed chair seating system to accommodate 1,174 spectators. Arena concourse may be used for temporary bleacher seating for expanded seating of up to 5,000 spectators (12 sets of bleachers with 150 ppl. capacity each).
- One ticket room with two ticket windows for ticket sales or will-call tickets located on the southeast corner of the building.
- Three sets of men’s and women’s full restroom facilities.
- Four ventilation fans present over the east and west seating sections of the arena.
- Attached 150 x 60 covered warm-up ring with sand/loam footing.
- A total of twenty (20) manual roll-up doors are present on the east, west and south sides of the arena.
- Arena is equipped with fluorescent lighting.
- Full range public address system in main arena; additional paddock master microphone in attached covered warm-up.
- 20 amps of electrical service located on each of the support columns.
- Four (4) water connections; one (1) each on the east side in-gate, west side in-gate, west concourse and east concourse.
- Two (2) arena concourses, each measuring 300 x 30 for trade fair usage.
- One (1) 86 x 32 concrete stage with basic stage lighting and one (1) public address system input.
- Club Lounge viewing room located in second level of arena (separate rental). This room is 100 x 40, climate controlled and furnished. Spectator accommodation of 100 people seated or 150 people standing. Room capacity to differ, dependent on use and set-up. Lounge includes a warming kitchen, event bar and private bathrooms.
HUNTER JUMPER COMPLEX RINGS
The Hunter Jumper Complex is comprised of four outdoor rings suitable for all breeds and disciplines that may be rented together or separately.
- Stonelea Ring – 285 x 140 ring comprised of Otto Sport sand/fiber surface surrounded by 1-rail PVC fence. Ring features videographer tower, announcer tower, PA system and 40 x 60 covered pavilion.
- Claiborne Ring - 265 x 245 ring comprised of GGT Footing surface surrounded by 2-rail wooden fence. Ring features announcer tower, PA system and 40 x 60 covered pavilion.
- Double Schooling Ring – 115 x 420 ring comprised of Otto Sport sand/fiber surface surrounded by 1-rail wooden fence.
- Murphy Ring – 276 x 138 ring comprised of Otto Sport sand/fiber surface surrounded by 1-rail wooden fence. Ring features 40 x 60 covered pavilion with sound system.
Bleacher seating is available. Capacity determined by configuration.
Each ring has a 10 x 10 covered in-gate shelter with portable announcer stand available.
Approximately twenty (20) 20-amp electrical hook-ups for vendors and trade fair areas.
- OttoSport Footing
- Dimensions 245 x 385, enclosed by a 2-rail wooden fence.
- Full range public address system in main arena, additional in-gate sound can be accommodated
- Two-story judges/announcer booth with storage on the first floor
- Attached Warm-up – 95 x 205
- The Dressage Complex is comprised of five (5) competition pads, each 200 x 90 and two (2) warm-up pads each approximately 100 x 80.
- Facility features an enclosed pavilion with both an announcer and secretary office and covered breezeway for scoreboards and tables/chair seating.
- Bleacher seating is available. Capacity determined by configuration.
- Each ring has, at minimum, one (1) judge box permanently installed. Additional judge boxes are available for rental.
- Facility-wide public address system.
CROSS COUNTRY COURSE / STEEPLECHASE COURSE
Dimension: Cross Country Course approx. 40 acres
Steeplechase Course approx. one (1) mile
Capacity: Unlimited temporary bleacher style seating