The University of Kentucky is conducting the State 4H Horse Judging Contest which will serve as a qualifying event for the Southern Regional 4H Horse Judging Contest. 4H members are given 4 live horses to judge for a particular purpose, they must judge the horse based on confirmation and in-hand movement. The participants must rank the 4 horses from best suited to least suited for the particular purpose and reasons on why they made that choice must also be listed. For more information on this event contact Amy Lawyer at 859-257-7501.
BreyerFest is the annual model horse festival and horse fair for Breyer model horses. This event brings together fans, vendors, and stars of Breyer horses. Horses that have been portrayed as Breyer model horses will be present for demonstrations and photo opportunities. Crafts and kids activities are also available as well as plenty of shopping opportunities. The BreyerFest app for iPhone and iPad is available for free now on iTunes in the App store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/breyerfest-2014/id877604446?mt=8.
The BreyerFest Program is now available at BreyerHorses.com as well:
For more on this popular event please visit http://www.breyerhorses.com.
BreyerFest Silver Jubilee - Special Guest Stars
- Emmy® Award-winning television star, fashion designer and acclaimed horseman Carson Kressley will be honored as a special guest at the 25th annual BreyerFest, where he will present the Celebration Horse Gooitzen fan Teaksyl, a champion Friesian. Carson has been the In-Hand Exhibitor of the 12-year-old Friesian throughout his compilation of 15 World Championship titles. Gooitzen has over 130 career wins, including double victories at the 2013 International Friesian Show Horse Association World Championships with Kressley at the reins.
- Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses - There’s a revolution going on in animal-assisted therapy and an unlikely hero leading the charge! Her name is Magic and she’s 3 feet tall, has glossy black hair, blue eyes and four hooves. She and her dedicated team at Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses are the first horses to be allowed to visit children in hospitals, the elderly in nursing homes and people who need comfort everywhere.
- Gala of the Royal Horses – Sat. Eve. Only! For the past decade, Gala of the Royal Horses has been touring abroad and in 2014, made the decision to bring its show to North America for a nationwide tour. Gala of the Royal Horses will present a showcase of their full tour event at BreyerFest. Gala of the Royal Horses captures the amazing beauty of the baroque horse breeds of Europe favored by royalty and the show features Andalusians, Friesians, Lipizzaners, and Arabian stallions. These extraordinary and romantic horses are among the most celebrated in history, favored for centuries by royalty, warriors and bullfighters. This performance will celebrate the tradition, athleticism and grace of these revered creatures.
- Behind the Mask Friesians of historic Runnymede Farm – Inspired by the Four Horsemen of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, the extraordinary performers captured Venetian mask ball. Mentioned in Dan Brown’s latest book, Inferno.
- Meet Novelisto D (Athansor) and R.J. Masterbug (Hidalgo) and their talented movie horse wrangler trainers Rex Peterson and Cari Swanson.
- Shane Adams and Knights of Valor (of the THC Full Metal Jousting). Jousting, sword fighting and more! It’s not for the faint-hearted! Shane Adams and Knights of Valour are well-known from their television series Full Metal Jousting on The History Channel.
- Knights of Iceland – From the far away shores of Iceland, comes a breed of horse known for their beauty, intelligence, stamina, and loyalty. Watch Gudmar Petursson’s magnificent drill team of Icelandic horses will perform their thrilling and unique tolt gait at full speed.
- A Celebration of Horses Evening – Saturday, July 12th Only – A very special evening of equestrian entertainment produced by Tommie Turvey starring: Gala of the Royal Horses & Tommie Turvey of Equine Extremist Entertainment & The Wild Riders
Join us for the Snowball Series Mounted Games at the Kentucky Horse Park's Covered Arena on Friday, December 13th and Saturday, December 14th from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM. Hope to see you there!
The Snowball Series Mounted Games is a mounted games schooling competition. Competitors are able to compete beginner novice, novice, intermediate, masters, fossils, and green pony divisions. Rides will compete in teams, pairs, or a three-rider pony pair in the games. This event is part of the Snowball Series, riders can compete in all of the competitions and receive awards at the conclusion of the series. For more information on the Snowball Series Mounted Games please contact Linda Caddel at 859-621-2383 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Photo courtesy of Butch Housman.
Snowbird Dressage is a Kentucky Dressage Association sanctioned Dressage show. Introductory, Training, First, Second, and Third and above levels will be exhibited. For more information on Snowbird Dressage, please contact Julie Congleton at 859-846-4889 or go to www.kentuckydressageassociation.com. Photo courtesy of PhelpsPhotos.
The Certified Horsemanship Association International Conference is a 2-day educational event. There will be presentations from veterinarians, farriers, trainers, instructors, and equine behaviorists. Clinics will also take place in which participants can ride horses provided by Asbury University. CHA certified instructors will receive their required hours for recertification by attending the full conference. The conference is open to the public. For more information the Certified Horsemanship Association International Conference please go to www.cha-ahse.org or call Christy Landwehr at (720) 857-9550.
The PMHA Fall Harvest Show showcases the Arabian, Morgan, and Friesian breeds. Classes include sport horse in hand, stick horse, tandem riding, showmanship, halter classes, liberty classes, driving classes and breed championships. For more information on the PMHA Fall Harvest Show please go to www.puremorab.org.
The KHP Foundation Battle in the Saddle is a celebrity team penning event benefitting the KHP Foundation. This event pairs two amateur team penning riders with a celebrity guest rider to determine who can pen the group of cattle in the quickest amount of time. Sponsorships are available for the event, and the public can come and watch for an admission price. For more information on the KHP Foundation Battle in the Saddle please go to http://khpfoundation.org/programs/featured-events/celebrity-team-penning or call (859) 255-5727.
The Paso Fino Grand National Championship Show & Expo is a 6-day event dedicated to the Paso Fino breed. Confirmation, pleasure, and performance classes will be a part of the show schedule. There will also be special contesting events and a trade show. For more information the Paso Fino Grand National Championship Show & Expo please go to http://www.pfha.org/news-and-events/2014-grand-national-show or call 859-825-6000.
The 26th International Grand Championship Rocky Mountain Horse Association Show is a class A Rocky Mountain Horse Show. More than 300 horses will be shown in this event. Classes that will be displayed include equitation, saddleseat, breed demonstrations, and a stallion row. The Grand Champion classes will take place on Saturday evening. Also at this event will be the opportunity for the public to ‘Ride a Rocky’. For more information on the International Grand Championship Rocky Mountain Horse Association Show, please go to https://www.rmhorse.com/welcome or call Suzie Buchanan at 859-243-0260. Photo courtesy of Steve Faust, pixbysteve.smugmug.com.