When adopting a Kentucky Horse Park horse, the adopter agrees to the following:
- To provide shelter, space, feed, water, and necessary supplements to meet the horse’s requirements for proper care.
- To provide the necessary health, veterinary, and farrier care as needed for the horse.
- If for any reason the adopter is unable or unwilling to provide proper and necessary care to the horse, the adopter shall immediately contact the Kentucky Horse Park to notify them of same and shall offer to return the horse to the Kentucky Horse Park without any payment or pre-condition.
- To notify the Kentucky Horse Park of any relocation or change in ownership of the horse and shall provide the name and address of any subsequent owner or location.
- To agree that should there be a further change in ownership, the adopter shall require the subsequent owner to provide shelter, space, feed, water, and necessary supplements to meet the horse’s requirements for proper care and shall also require that the subsequent owner provide the necessary health, veterinary, and farrier care as needed for the horse.
- The adopter further agrees to notify the Kentucky Horse Park immediately upon the death of the horse.
- The adopter agrees that their ownership of the listed horse is expressly conditioned upon their fulfillment of the requirements and obligations contained herein and that the Kentucky Horse Park shall have the right to rescind this agreement and resume ownership and possession of the horse should these requirements not be fulfilled. The adopter further agrees that the Kentucky Horse Park shall have the right, at any time upon 24 hours notice to the adopter, to inspect the horse and its surroundings for the purpose of evaluating their compliance with this agreement.
- The adopter understands that by executing this agreement, they assume all rights and responsibilities with respect to the horse, both financial and otherwise, at the time of execution. All risk of loss and liability associated with the horse shall pass on to New Owner at the time of execution of this agreement.